|Job Ref:||204414208||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:20|
Application Engineer South Cambridge £ Excellent |
A highly challenging opportunity exists for an experienced Applications Engineer / Development Engineer to play a key role in the Company's Tools team.
The role involves technical analysis and characterisation of Database related problems reported in live networks and the development of tests to quickly detect their occurrence.
Essential skills include: -
• A degree in a numerate / computer science related subject
• Experience with relational databases and the ability to create SQL
queries to investigate problems
• Knowledge of high level languages in a Linux environment e.g Java, PHP
• Experience of debugging and maintaining code written by others
• Plan own work and deadlines
Highly desirable would be experience of software investigation using Scripting languages such as Python, knowledge of network protocol stacks and the ability to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands.
A highly competitive salary and excellent Benefits package on offer to the successful candidate