|Job Ref:||204537177||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Taunton||Address:||Post Code:||TA1||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum Pension, Healthcare, Dental||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:51|
My engineering client based in Taunton urgently require a Project Engineer/Contracts Manager on a permanent basis. The company are a specialist materials handling company with projects in the Food & Beveridge, aerospace and brewery industries.|
Overview of role:
Based at the companies Taunton Office with occasional travel required, the candidate will successfully plan and complete a variety of projects and will be responsible for individuals or teams of engineers. Responsibilities will include tracking and coordinating projects from initial contract through to successful delivery and commissioning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret customer requirements including design, tackle engineering problems and issues arising from those designs and ensure solutions are implemented
- Take information from within the team to assist in the development of the project programme/schedule
- Track project changes and update schedules, ensuring all key stakeholders are kept informed
- Coordinate subcontractor packages throughout projects
- Create bills of material relevant to projects
- Ensure the successful completion of projects
- Manage existing and specific customer accounts as requested and generally promote strong customer relationships
- Coordinate internal and external project meetings
- Participate in Design reviews and revisions
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as required
- Actively promote best practice at all times
- Be prepared to work away when required
- Review URS Documents as part of the tender process to ensure their suitability
- Produce basic engineering drawings
- Ensure that health & safety guidelines are rigidly adhered to by all personnel
- Have strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
The benefits package with this company is excellent including private healthcare with Aviva and pension contribution.
If you're interested in this position please email me your updated CV, minimum required salary and your availability to interview/start.
I look forward to hearing from you