|Job Ref:||204423013||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum plus package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:58|
Senior Structural Engineer |
Our Client is a leading international infrastructure group. They finance, develop, build and maintain innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins daily life, supports communities and enables economic growth. They provide the essential infrastructure assets societies need to function, develop and thrive. Their teams operate across the full infrastructure lifecycle: finance, design and project manage, develop and construct, operate and maintain assets.
With more than 100 years of experience in delivering highly complex infrastructure projects, they know how to operate with the highest levels of quality, safety and technical expertise, integrate with clients and local supply chains and work with local communities. They operate principally in the UK and the US, with developing businesses in Canada, the Middle East and South East Asia.
Our client has an exciting opportunity a Senior Structural Engineer to support the work winning team on tenders and provide engineering support to the management and delivery of both permanent and temporary works engineering services assigned projects within London.
• Deliver safe and efficient solutions adding value to the project and verify both permanent and Temporary Works designs, providing expert technical support
• Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and solutions
• Ensure design risks are considered and prepare design risk assessments
• Support design assurance on projects through conducting audits and regular meetings with the engineering and project teams, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and areas of concern
• Attend client meetings and interviews for design personnel
• Actively contribute to developing and sharing knowledge and best practice across the business
• Support the safety by Design & Engineering (knowledge sharing) forums
• Maintain personal expertise and knowledge to ensure that BB maintains its position at the forefront of the industry
• Exercise designers obligations of the Construction Design & Management (CDM) regulations
• Must be degree qualified or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering and have a professional qualification - MICE of MIStructE. Must hold a valid CSCS card
• This is a key role for an individual with up to date technical knowledge of temporary works design and engineering and industry best practice
• They will be competent and have the professional credibility to advise management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken
• This individual will, therefore, be technically proficient with a good understanding in other areas in the civil/structural engineering field
• Working knowledge of a range of structural engineering and geotechnical software packages and BIM is required
• The individual will have knowledge of the principles of framework procurement and experience within the most current forms of procurement
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure
• Customer centric and flexible in approach, they will have the insight to understand the range of opportunities in invitations to tender and be willing to challenge the norm
• The individual will know 'what good looks like' in bid submissions and work winning and have some hands on experience of leading technical aspects of work-winning bids in a timely manner
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a strong structural engineering design background, preferably within a diverse range of large value projects across the South East. A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward career progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality