|Job Ref:||204423590||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Middlesex||City:||Middlesex||Address:||Post Code:||HA0||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:58|
Our client who are specialist sub-contractors who manufacture, design and install Solar shading products, ie Louvres and Brise Soleil, are looking to recruit an Estimator to join their established team in the Middlesex region.|
The ideal candidate will be required to provide technical advice, costs and specifications for a wide range of projects. Handling enquiries coming in from the Sales Team. Estimates must be clear and concise, explaining deviations and modifications of original client specifications.
Outsourcing of component costs and specialist products from suppliers.
Ensuring CDM is complied with and full consideration is given to Health and Safety.
Tools and Equipment Used
Microsoft Office 2016, Excel, and Navision FileMaker
Qualifications/ Educational Requirements
Educated to degree level
Experience of the construction industry is essential. Candidates with expereince in the following industries would be ideal:
•Heating and Ventilation
A Quantity Surveyor or Mechanical Engineering graduate with estimating experience would also be considered. Excellent communication skills in order to negotiate with clients and strong P.C skills are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Deal with general Estimating (and Sales) telephone, fax, e-mail etc enquiries as required and generally described above.
2. Progress projects using your own initiative but be aware that you are part of a Department - ask for assistance or guidance if necessary for an area where a colleague's knowledge of a product/procedure is greater than yours.
3. Using the resources available to us - Electrical/Mechanical R&D, Project Designers, outside Structural Engineers etc, interpret enquiries/specifications with a view to quoting a product that is as similar as possible to that drawn.
4. Consider cost at all times and the need for a design that is both easy to manufacture, transport and install. Ensure CDM procedures are complied with and full consideration is given to Health and Safety.
5. Liaise with outside suppliers to source material, finishing and machining costs. Keep in contact with our Procurement Department to ensure we are aware of our 'preferred' suppliers and avoid sending enquiries to those who are not 'flavour' of the month.
6. Be aware of what is going through the factory so you know how project designs conclude.
7. Prioritise your own workload within the constraints of known client return dates.
8. Keep abreast of new products, developments of existing systems, variations in supplier/manufacturing techniques etc to ensure correct costing at all times.
9. Check your own work using a different method/route than you costed it.
10. Your work should be organised and methodical - aim to leave a 'trail' that you and others can follow at a later date. Write legibly.
11. Attend Sales/Contract 'handover' meetings as required.
Salaries are dependent upon level of relevant experience. + 24 days holiday + bank holidays