|Job Ref:||204490704||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£50000 - £75000/annum £55k - £75k + Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:52|
£55k - £75k + Package
Our client is principal contractor that has been established since the mid 1990's that are financially secure having followed a controlled growth pattern and where they have heavily invested back within the business instead of borrowing. They have an extensive client base that has been developed from repeat business and recommendation. They complete a variety of projects to include refurbishment, alterations and extensions, new build and design & build projects with values ranging from £100k to £10m. Their clients are within the public and private sectors and projects completed include Health Care, Hospitals, Schools and Further Education, Office and Commercial, Laboratories and High Spec Residential.
They are now seeking to recruit a Contracts Manager to take overall responsibility for the planning and management of construction contracts within agreed timescales, commercial constraints and compliance with all relevant legislation, in order to deliver quality projects in a safe manner in accordance with the contracts documents.
• To liaise effectively with all stakeholders in the construction process and maintain good working relationships with clients and their representatives.
• To manage and coordinate construction sites and all Site Staff and Subcontractors.
• To identify, manage and escalate (as appropriate) all risks identified to the project or to the business.
• To ensure the procedures described in the Management System are followed at all times, in particular Contract Management, Site Management and Resident Liaison.
• To be aware of the commercial implications of all decisions related to the project and to identify Value Engineering opportunities wherever possible.
• To identify improvement opportunities for any aspects of the Management System including process controls, procedures and forms.
• To contribute to the management of the process by attending process review meetings and compiling any required reports.
• Assist the Estimating Department with the preparation of tender programmes / method statements when required
• Ensure a good understanding of all contract documentation prior to commencement
• Development of Construction Phase Plans and Programmes
• Timely Subcontractor , material and plant procurement
• Management of all Site Health and Safety aspects
• Management of the Environmental aspects
• Efficient and effective management of the programme and coordination of all resources
• Ensuring projects are managed to time
• Ensure quality standards are maintained to ensure zero defects at practical completion
• Contract administration & records (including change management and delay notifications)
• Internal and external reporting
• Production of all information for incorporation in the Health and Safety File including Operation and Maintenance documentation)
• Contribute to the post contract review process
• Manage the Defects liability process
1. Substantial previous experience in Construction Management and types of contract i.e. JCT, NEC, GC Works
2. Knowledge of Building Regulations
3. Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices
Skills / Technical Competencies
1. Project planning
2. Organisational skills
3. Analytical skills
4. Preparing comprehensive documentation progressively throughout the project for incorporation in the Health and Safety File
5. IT skills - Asta Power Project Programming (or similar) / Word / Excel / Powerpoint
6. Letter writing skills and report writing skills
7. Presentation and interview skills
This is an excellent opportunity for someone motivated looking to join a main contractor that offers fresh new challenges and career development opportunities.
Salary to £55k - £75k + Package
Please forward a current CV in the first instance.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building and civil engineering sectors throughout the UK