|Job Ref:||204507935||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£34000/annum great benefits package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:51|
ROLE: Project Engineer|
LOCATION: Nottingham (NG4)
SHIFTS: 8am - 4pm
BENEFITS: 6 Weeks sick pay - increases every year
Contributory Pension up to 11%
Life Insurance 3 x Salary (increases up to 7 x Salary)
Eye Care / Insurance
Salary exchange scheme
Many other benefits
- To successfully manage engineering projects.
- To ensure that effective engineering projects are delivered to the business within the given timescales, to the required quality within a controlled budget
- Minimum of two years' experience of managing multi-projects in a manufacturing environment, demonstrating meeting cost, quality and delivery requirements
- Team management experience
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate initial conceptual design stage, development trials and final implementation of project
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Project
- Proven problem solving skills
- Comfortable managing multi discipline project teams
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS / FLEXIBILITY
- Flexible attitude to working hours in accordance with business needs
- Work closely with the Engineering Projects Manager to understand the requirements of the project and to develop solutions to support same.
- Define the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project and manage the development and delivery of same, through active management involving internal and external parties.
- Develop effective working relationships and on-going management processes for any given project.
- To ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements of the Business Unit. Set project objectives and assess performance against those objectives.
- To estimate and plan projects from start to finish, with built in contingencies.
- To ensure projects meet industry leading quality and health and safety standards.
- Manage, monitor and motivate a cross functional team assigned to the project.
- Identify training or other on-going requirements
- Conduct project presentations
- Complete project reports.
- Management of several continuous improvement projects
- Resolve engineering process problems that require a level of expertise above that of a first line manager or functional manager, showing your knowledge in a hands on approach.
- Create process documentation, risk assessments and instruction manuals for new processes, new equipment and design changes.
- Support processes necessary for continued accreditation to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Support our internal production processes through continuous improvement towards achieving performance against plan - supporting the company objective of 95% OTIF. (On Time In Full)