|Job Ref:||204523743||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:12|
The Role |
To effectively interpret engineering drawings or route cards, programme, set and operate Bridgeport / Robodrill and/or Kitamura vertical and horizontal CNC milling machines with 4th axis rotary indexers and Renishaw probing, all with Fanuc controls and to produce a quality end-product within set quality, tolerances and productivity time scales.
Individuals will be working within a small team but need to be able to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision and also provide support to other members of the Machine Shop.
As well as an extensive machining background suitable candidates will have a comprehensive understanding of 3, 4 and ideally 5 axis machining, and a good knowledge of materials and machining techniques. They must also have a proven track record of CNC part program prove outs, set ups and optimization of method activities.
Essential Skills and experience
• CNC milling programming experience for Fanuc and Renishaw Probing
• Program, Set & Operate vertical 3 axis mills and horizontal twin pallet 4 axis machining centre
• Extensive tool setting experience
• Read and interpret engineering drawings to enable programming, setting and manufacture to achieve a right first time product
• CMM basic programming /operation
• Strong problem solving skills with good practical application
• Highly motivated to improving productivity without compromise on quality
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
• Good communication, operational and organisational skills
• Well presented with a positive, proactive and professional approach
Other Desirable Skills
• Manual milling and Grinding skills and experience would be desirable but not essential
• Offline Programming experience or CAD CAM knowledge and skills also be desirable but not essential