|Job Ref:||204536672||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£200 - £240/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:50|
An exciting opportunity has arisen working for a healthcare provider based in London. My client is looking to recruit an M&E Project Surveyor on an interim basis for 3-6 months to be a lead person in ensuring that the "in-house" building maintenance function meets fully effectively the needs of the Directorate/Trust in determining, and implementing through tenders/quotation the commitment of Capital, Revenue and the installation of specialist equipment services. |
Duties and Responsibilities:
Directly supervises and is responsible for Direct Labour, Agency staff, appointed consultants and or specialists as directed by the Head of Building Maintenance to control delegated projects through all relevant N.H.S. C.I.M. workstages. In particular to:
• Provide the client (Directorate/Landlord, the fund holders) with realistic budgetary costs against a developed brief and carry out all relevant feasibility studies.
• In support of seeking/identifying funding, supports the client in the determination and assembly of a definitive brief, technical details and outline costs.
• Produce specifications and drawings, against technical needs and the agreed brief and seek, through competitive tender/quotations, cost effective submissions from the suitable suppliers/contractors.
• Analyse all quotations, tenders received and make recommendations to the Head of Building Maintenance for awarding such contracts including cost/content and timescale plus type of contract, order or commitment to be used.
• On approval of recommendations, initiate contractual procedures including orders and preparation of the formal contracts documents with the Specialist Suppliers, Building, Electrical and Mechanical Contractors for the required supply, installations and works.
• After awarding the contract, the postholder is personally responsible for the effective supervision and the installation, certification of payments within financial limits delegated by the Head of Building Maintenance, the issue of instructions variations and clarification and ensures the projects are completed on time, within costs to a high standard. Ensure the client receives value for money on time and cost.
• Is responsible for seeing that all schemes under his/her control are prepared and tendered in line with the Trust's Standing Orders and financial instructions together with the NHS Capital Investment Manual and the good principles and practices of a large public and publicly accountable body. Ensure completion of each activity in sequence, ie certificates of readiness to proceed to tender, tender document complete prior to commencement etc.
• Establishes an ongoing and effective system of consultation, on all occasions with the local operations and maintenance department and other manager's affected or involved with Capital, Estates & Facilities Management, incorporating all reasonable views.
• Responsible for the establishment and update of a detailed "Gantt Chart" for schemes under his/her control showing specialist equipment/services supply/replacement schemes, their detailed profession and arrange for a monthly update and submission/report of same to the Head of Building Maintenance & Improvement.
It is essential that the successful candidate has a strong mechanical or electrical background with qualifications (HNC/HND minimum) and has experience of working within a live hospital environment.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted