|Job Ref:||204538247||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£30000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:48|
Our clients are a national multi-disciplinary construction consultancy. They are currently seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their team in London.|
The successful candidate should have at least two years post graduate (or equivalent) experience and preferably have or be working towards MRICS or MCIOB. The main sectors they work in are Commercial, Education, Health, Residential, Industrial, Leisure, Transport and Conservation.
The successful Applicant should be able to demonstrate and have experience of the following:
- Proactive approach to assist Clients and ensure projects are completed on budget and to programme.
- Preparing feasibility estimates and ongoing cost plans as the scheme develops.
- Preparing documents for Tender including the preparation of Schedules of Work and Bills of Quantities.
- Advising Clients of their duties with regards to health and safety aspects of construction.
- Carrying out valuations post contract and producing cost reports for clients.
- Preparing & agreeing final accounts
- Provide advice to other design team members with regards to option appraisals for different design options.
- Project Management / Employers Agent experience
- Provide procurement advice on appointing contractors, designers and different procurement routes.
- Negotiation of contractors claims
- Technical knowledge and competence, with a logical and practical mind;
- Good communication skills, both written and oral;
- Presentation and report writing;
- IT literate. Essential - proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel. Experience with Microsoft Project is desirable.
- Enthusiastic and motivated with a proactive approach and the ability to take on additional responsibility and be driven to provide the best possible service.
- A full driving licence is essential
Salary / Prospects
Salary is negotiable, subject to qualifications and experience.
Additional benefits (Dependant on qualifications / experience) may include:
- Company car / car allowance
- Private Health Insurance.
- Mentoring to achieve MRICS/MCIOB if not already achieved.
There are opportunities to develop experience in different sectors and scales of projects and gain promotion into more senior roles within the company