|Job Ref:||204538512||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greenwich||Address:||Post Code:||SE10||Salary:||£18.00/hour Via umbrella or Ltd Company||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:58|
Manpower Technical is recruiting for a Gas Engineer on behalf of our client located in Greenwich, London. The role is a long term Contract Position, and based within the Public Sector.|
Key Accountabilities of this role include:
To undertake highly skilled activities across a wide range of Gas related jobs in domestic properties, To keep accurate records of works undertaken and materials used.
1. To provide a wide range of professional Gas related skills throughout all contracts serviced by Building Services, and where appropriate, to take a lead role when working as a team or in conjunction with other trades.
2. To have a concise understanding of Domestic Gas works in order to carry out repairs and installations as needed. Certificate work when completed.
3. Apply and fully complete the correct CP12 certification or equivalent.
4. To operate and maintain Gas testing equipment ensuring annual calibration is carried out. Following testing decide on appropriate actions including, if necessary, evacuation of premises and involvement of direct emergency services.
5. To hold appropriate certification for all Gas works undertaken.
6. To set out work from an engineering drawing.
7. To supervise and train apprentices and other trainees/work experience individuals as assigned by management.
8. To drive and operate vehicles within your capabilities as requested by the line manager. To maintain required qualifications/licences and accreditations for all these vehicles.
9. To liaise with the line manager and Building Services admin staff to discuss job orders, and to where necessary agree variations to orders before undertaking the work.
10. To liaise with client officers and residents on works orders providing advice and experience. Where necessary discuss work with client officers and initiate variation orders as needed.
11. To record and document all works undertaken in line with the SOR to assist in the final accounting process.
12. To use new IT/hand held technology correctly as per training provided.
13. To use a range of powered tools and equipment, small tools and access equipment and to report all defects.
14. To clean and undertake minor maintenance of equipment ensuring that plant is maintained in a safe working order for day-to-day operational duties. Ensure all electrical equipment has the appropriate PAT testing certification and that ladders are cleared for safe use.
15. To be responsible for the security of vehicles and plant used ensuring they are locked or stored in a safe place overnight.
16. Ensure that stocks of materials used are recorded and agreed levels are maintained as specified by Building Services Quality Management Systems.
17. When working alone or alongside other tradespersons provide assistance to enable the works to be completed to the appropriate standard and within the priority of the order.
18. To have due regard to the provisions of Health and Safety legislation at all times and to work in accordance to the Building Services RED FOLDER induction. To be aware at all times when working, of the possible presence of asbestos and if found, to follow the Asbestos Procedure accordingly.
19. To be responsible for the Health Welfare and safety of others whilst undertaking works (Protection of the Public).
20. To keep up to date with all developments within the building trade and to willingly participating in any training deemed necessary by the line manager
21. To respond to emergency call out as appropriate and in the event of an emergency and to attend and assist as required
22. To fully comply with Building Services' Quality Management system, contributing to the system and put forward to management any proposals or amendments to improve Building Services operation and ensure continuous improvement of the service. You will have relevant C&G qualifications or NVQ with extensive post qualification experience.
A sound Gas related background, to include the qualifications CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, CPA
Shifts: Full Time.
Salary: £18 Hourly (Via Umbrella or Ltd Company)
Contact: Sam Rawlings, Manpower Technical, St Albans (Apply online only)
**Please ensure documents are sent in a word format