|Job Ref:||204537583||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum pension + additional benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:16|
Structural CAD/BIM Technician Cardiff £30,000 - £40,000 + Package|
We are now looking for an experienced structural technician with Revit experience to join an established and highly regarding civil and structural consultancy in Cardiff. This position would suit someone who is looking to work as a BIM technician for a busy and growing office.
This business is an internationally recognised consultancy with offices across the UK, they are working to BIM level 2 and put real importance on having the most up to date, market leading software available.
This role will involve the following:
- Producing accurate models, drawings and details for building structures
- Ensuring a high standard of work and making sure all software packages are up to date and used as effectively as possible
- Mentoring junior drawing staff and checking work produced by the drawing team
- Liaising with the design team and working closely alongside senior engineers
- Speaking directly with clients and architects and aiding in the resolution of issues
- Working with all traditional materials and sectors
- Aiding in the development of the drawing team and implementing best practice
Candidates from a structural background would be preferred along with the following experience:
- Experience with AutoCAD is essential
- Experience with Revit
- Knowledge of BIM
- Excellent construction knowledge
- Experience with buildings from a range of sectors
- Candidates must be personable and have good communication skills
This firm is a successful innovative general practice with an excellent reputation, covering the design/detailing for the Civil and Structural Engineering works from concept to completion. They have easily accessible offices with free parking in a convenient location.
This role comes with a highly competitive salary of £30,000 - £40,000 + Package