|Job Ref:||204539495||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Baughurst||Address:||Post Code:||RG26||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:18|
Project Quality Assurance Engineer|
Ultra Electronics, Communication & Integrated Systems (Ultra CIS) is one of the larger UK based Ultra businesses and is operationally run as four business units: AEP, Information Assurance, Secure Communications and Surveillance & Security Systems. These business units are underpinned by a shared services structure which incorporates finance, HR, operations and communications. Across Ultra CIS we provide encryption, network protection, automated payments, tactical and commercial communications and telemetry systems, covert and mobile surveillance systems and situational awareness technology to defence, public sector and commercial customers worldwide.
Please note that this is a 6 month contract role
To protect the interests of the both the business and Customer, assuring compliance to contract is maintained at all times.
Scope / dimensions:
The Project Quality Engineer (PQE) operates under the delegated authority of the Head of Quality Assurance.
The PQE has overall responsibility for all aspects of Quality Assurance related to assigned projects including its supply chain and will support the mandatory quality elements of the Business Management System.
The postholder will have no budgetary or managerial responsibility.
- Defining, communicating and managing the Project Quality Assurance activities through an approved and operating Plan for Quality.
- Determining and managing a project Quality audit plan, in line with AS9101, to ensure that Projects are operating in compliance with Customer and applicable statutory and regulatory quality management system requirements.
- Working with key suppliers to develop and maintain an approved supply chain with clearly defined quality conditions.
- Working with the project team to achieve measurable improvement to project system operating processes.
- Working with the production team to achieve measurable improvement of product yields.
- Managing project non-conformance issues to ensure effective corrective actions are taken to achieve a level of zero recurrence.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of Quality Engineering within the Aerospace / Defence industry. (CQP preferred)
- AS 9100 Internal Auditor. (IRCA Approved preferred)
- BS 14001 (MIEMA preferred)
- Proven experience within a business improvement environment. ( BQF, EFQM, SEI trained preferred)
- Experience within a Software Development and Test environment
- Chartered Quality Professional (preferred)
- Software Engineering Degree (preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (preferred)
- Action Oriented - Will take action in uncertain situations without pre-empting the solution.
- Customer focused - Able to identify who is the customer and the importance of understanding and meeting their needs while balancing the needs of the business.
- Learns on the Fly - Readily picks up new ideas and concepts while exercising good judgement on their relevance.
- Negotiating - Capable of standing their ground and achieving agreement while maintaining good relationships in all areas that they work.
- Patience - Will listen carefully to other people's ideas and opinions, react positively to suggestions and take the time to allow others to express themselves.
- Peer Relationships - Will be observed by others as a team player of integrity who may bring a differing point of view but with the goals of the team at the heart of what they do.
- Problem solving - Approaches the resolution of problems in a logical, realistic and imaginative way.
- Process Management - Capable of understanding how a deliverable outcome may be achieved compared to how it is actually achieved. Able to see how different activities interact and may be developed into simple processes