|Job Ref:||204538783||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Heathfield||Address:||Post Code:||TN21||Salary:||£24000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
A hands-on Design Engineer is required for successful and expanding specialist furniture manufacturing company in Heathfield Industrial Estate, on the outskirts of Newton Abbot. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 7.30am to 4pm, offering a salary of between £24,000 and £28,000 per year.|
Duties required for the Design Engineer include:
* To act as design lead on designated projects with a cradle to the grave view; to include product/component design and development, documentation/costing of Bills of Materials, testing of prototypes to validate designs, generation of standard operation procedures (SOP), and generation of Instruction for Use (IFU) manuals.
* To participate in Design FMEA and Design for Manufacture/Assembly (DFMA) activities
* Identify components and sub-assemblies that can be reused in other products, modifying items and specifications where appropriate and developing tests to ensure full compatibility
* Development/Support of existing products via the change note system
* Liaison with suppliers to ensure components are cost-effectively manufactured to meet both design and quality requirements.
* Create and maintain design files to ensure compliance with CE and ISO requirements.
* Liaison with manufacturing to ensure smooth introduction into production, including training of production staff where required.
* Support manufacturing in problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives
Ideal candidates will be qualified to a HND or Degree level in mechanical/ industrial design or have experience in a similar role.
Other relevant qualifications could include:
* A proven track record in designing components or products using Solidworks CAD
* Knowledge/experience in plastic injection mouldings, vacuum forming, metal fabrications, pressed metal parts, castings, machined components, extruded materials and rapid prototyping would be beneficial
* Experience of MRP or ERP systems would be advantageous
Due to the location and the hours of work, having your own transport would be preferable. If this Design Engineer role is of interest please apply below, or call one of the BRITE team on (Apply online only) for further information