|Job Ref:||204538785||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£346 - £384/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
You will be working for...|
Specialising in IT and Business Change recruitment services within the UK and with offices in Edinburgh and Leeds, our client is widely recognised by both employers and employees as being a leading IT, digital, and business change recruitment consultancy.
They also have an international medical recruitment division, Head Medical, which specialises in recruiting hospital doctors and GPs for permanent and fixed term roles.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will...
- Assist with the daily operation of the IT Helpdesk at the Head Office and remote sites, providing both desk side and remote support
- Provide hardware maintenance, installations, and upgrades for IT equipment including PCs, laptops, printers, and Windows Phones etc.
- Database administration
- Maintain and update asset management inventory
- Set up Network connections, panel patching, and troubleshooting connectivity issues
- Escalate any unresolved issues to the IT Manager
- Continue to develop a knowledge base of solutions, problem escalation and resolutions
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering: Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
- Someone who has a strong interest in IT, aptitude with computers, mobile devices & technology
- Someone who has a strong familiarity with standard Microsoft applications and IT infrastructure
- Someone who has a sound understanding of Microsoft Windows7, Office 2010 & 2013
- Someone who has excellent relationship building skills
- Someone who has the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Someone who has strong attention to detail
- Someone who has an organised and structured approach to working
- Someone who has excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Someone who has the ability to prioritise a heavy workload, multitask & work well under pressure
- Someone who is self-motivated with a desire to learn and be able to work unsupervisedif required
- Someone who ideally has 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT NA may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher NA only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached