|Job Ref:||204538898||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Herefordshire||City:||Herefordshire||Address:||Post Code:||HR7||Salary:||£17000 - £23000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
Graduate Test Engineer|
£17,000 - £23,000
Cubiq Recruitment is seeking for a Graduate Test Engineer to join hi- Tech Company that supplies communication systems to the defence sector. The role will be involved in RF & microwave equipment test and diagnostic work. You will be working as part of team of Engineers within the company's expanding test department.
* Responsible for RF & microwave module and equipment testing (including environmental, electrical tests and diagnostic work).
* To work closely with the Test Team Lead to improve test automation and diagnostic tools.
* To undertake Factory Acceptance Tests and on an occasional basis to prepare test reports.
* From time to time visit customers for technical support or for the commissioning of systems.
* To interact with other departments, most importantly Production and Engineering teams.
* To liaise with the Design Engineers and Assembly teams to define test fixtures and advise on improvements where applicable.
* Testing units to various departmental standards and following company procedures.
* Engineering or technical degree or equivalent
* Good prior experience in RF and electronic equipment testing
* Good understanding of RF test parameters and equipment
* Sound understanding of key performance parameters with good knowledge of how these are measured
* Experience and knowledge in the testing of passive and active RF microwave modules and equipment
* Awareness of communications/satellite industry/technologies
* Experience in RF circuit design and system analysis
* Manufacturing knowledge of RF components
* Experience in test automation and diagnostics
* Background in LabVIEW or similar test aids
* Proven troubleshooting experience of RF systems
* The ability to develop excellent working relationships
* Flexible and adaptable to fast paced changing environments
* Ability to use with a good understanding of Visual Basic
* Team leadership experience with the ability to motivate and engage team members
* Commercially minded
* Ability to work effectively to meet scheduled development goals and deadlines
* Report writing, data capturing and analytical skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global technology business renowned for engineering excellence and for the development of ground-breaking RF and microwave technology systems.
Please submit your CV and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion