|Job Ref:||204538974||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||london||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Full Benefits Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
I am working in partnership with a construction company who specialise in working within the HIghways and Utilities sectors - they have recently enjoyed a sustained period of growth which has resulted in their search for a Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding commercial team.|
Key function is to adequately manage costs on construction sites, in a variety of contexts: building, telecommunication, electrical installation and commercial projects, infrastructure projects (e.g. highways), or industrial sites.
1) To assist the Commercial Manager's in co-ordinating and supporting the relevant sectors of the Group's business.
2) Offer strategic guidance to projects, including prioritising spending, outsourcing to subcontractors, etc
3) Prepare budgets and estimates as directed by the Commercial Manager's
4) Advise procurement department on materials and construction
5) Participate in procurement process
6) Analyse outcomes and write detailed reports for inclusion in periodic project reports
7) Accurately value completed work on site and organise payments
8) Where required deal with planning issues and building regulations
9) Work in conjunction with other project professionals to ensure cost control on sites
10) Act for the Group in cases of disputes, sometimes as expert witnesses in court
11) Ensure that they have a clear understanding and adhere to building legislation, health and safety law and contract law.
12) Assist with any financial or quality audits carried out.
13) Work to any instruction given by the Commercial Manager's.
If this would be something you would like to hear more about please apply below