|Job Ref:||204539005||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Lower Swanwick||Address:||Post Code:||SO31||Salary:||£350 - £400/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
12 month contract
£350 per day
We are working with a reputable client based in Southampton who are looking to hire a Service Desk Design Lead.
• As the Design lead you will be responsible for the end to end design and engineering of the SOM Service Desk solution. This role will be responsible for extending product evaluation criteria with Service Desk specific criteria, work with selected vendors in evaluating a select set of candidate products, documenting evaluation results and developing recommendations.
• On selection of the appropriate product you will work with Architect/BA/Technical BA's to refine requirements (user stories), liaise with other Design Leads to produce an integrated design for SOM overall. As part of the Design Lead Role you will help establish a team of engineers and direct and manage the engineering delivery for the scope of responsibilities.
• You will also be responsible for ensuring quality of the solution including product build out, configuration, testing, training and operational handover. The role also involves working with other programs (non SOM) to accommodate their requirements and configure the tool set accordingly working with an onboarding team.
• Included in the Service Management role are the following capabilities;
• Service Desk;
• Service Catalogue;
• Ticketing/Workflow (Problem, Incident, Request/fulfilment);
• Providing Compute capacity demand to Foundation Service for storage, network, CPU and shared service(IaaS);
• Integration with other SOM capabilities;
• Extensive and proven experience in Service Management;
• Proven experience of Designing and implementing Service Desk solution sets;
• Proven experience integrating monitoring, configuration and other data sources to enrich ticketing information;
• Proven experience in translating requirements/process flows into Service Desk workflows;
• Recent hands on Design experience in Service Management and Infrastructure Design (hosting, storage, network, PaaS/IaaS);
• Strong leadership and self-motivated;
• Attention to detail;
• Experience in defining Service Maps working with Configuration Management;
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to decompose High Level requirements, Model them and document in sufficient detail for low level design;
• Experience leading and directing small teams;
• Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams;
• Vendor management experience.
This is a LONG TERM CONTRACT / 12 months - Don't miss out - APPLY NOW