|Job Ref:||204539016||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||BS24||Address:||Salary:||£33500/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:17|
WB Employment are recruiting a permanent Shift Multi-Skilled Engineer for our client based near Weston-Super-Mare.|
Summary of the Role:
• To carry out planned and reactive maintenance activities to a suitable engineering standard to maximise plant availability.
• Completion of work requests and project delivery.
• To deliver continuous and measurable process improvements.
• Maintain and improve the safe working environment, and support initiatives, campaigns and activities that form the site Health and Safety action Plan.
• Provide a rapid and effective response to production breakdowns throughout the shift, whilst maintaining or improving safety standards.
• Complete planned engineering activities based on an agreed list of priorities to the correct specification, whilst maintaining or improving safety standards.
• Identify and implement improvements (at a suitable level) to the process and equipment, whilst maintaining or improving safety standards. These improvements should focus on improved machine availability, performance, reject reduction, equipment lifetime cost and energy saving.
• Complete maintenance computer program used for recording activities and the use of parts.
• Carry out daily communication with the shift Team Leaders to review the progress of work.
• Assist the Team Leaders and Production operatives with production cover when required.
• Update drawings and specifications for machine modifications or parts.
• Provide engineering support to other maintenance staff within the works.
• Attend and contribute to process improvement meetings.
• Ensure that the maintenance workshop is kept a clean, tidy and hazard free.
• Undertake any other reasonable request from the site Engineering Manager or production supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Time served apprenticeship in an electrical engineering discipline to City & Guilds 2320 Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent.
• Current edition of the IEE wiring regulations BS7671
• Experience in a high volume automated manufacturing environment.
• Evidence of the ability to fault find process machinery.
• Experience in reading and understanding control panel and system schematic drawings.
The role is on a rotating 2 shift pattern:
Early shift = 05.30 - 14.15 hrs or 06.00 - 14.45 hrs. Mon - Fri.
Late shift = 14.15 - 23.00 hrs. Mon - Fri.
25 days annual leave
Starting salary £30,150, salary on successful completion of trial period = £33,500.00 p.a