|Job Ref:||204539043||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Post Code:||BS26||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
Our client is a main contractor heavily involved with the prestigious Hinkley Point C project in Somerset. They would like to employ a Quantity Surveyor who would work onsite, 5 days a week, to assist with the commercial aspects of various associated highways maintenance works involved with the construction of this multi billion pound, land mark nuclear power plant in the heart of Somerset.|
The successful candidate will have the privilege of working with one of the country's most impressive main contractors and will have visibility of more than 7 years work in the local area, on a single project, creating stability and a great work life balance.
This really is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate and is not to be overlooked so please do apply now for further details and the chance to be part of this distinguished contract
As a Quantity Surveyor you will;
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development
- Prepare and report costs to end of reporting period and comparison with allowance
- Identify, value and present any change items, e.g. variations, CEs, claims and EWNs
- Liaise with the client and ensure client commercial satisfaction
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor who has;
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Good decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Chance to be a part of the prestigious Hinkley Point C contract
- Competitive salary (up to £55K dependant on experience) + benefits including company car, heath care and contributory pension among other things
- 37.5 hour weeks
- Interesting scope of works
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight. The reference for this vacancy is 126349.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client