|Job Ref:||204539160||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotland||Address:||Post Code:||EH2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:58|
Bureau UK are recruiting for HFC Network Build Engineers to work for a client in Scotland on a contract basis with a view to a permanent role being offered.|
The role is to install / commission the clients' HFC and copper network elements as required, in accordance with the clients' SOP, MIS and all other technical requirements. Ensuring that all work is completed within a timely and professional manner.
To ensure that a professional relationship is maintained with both internal and external customers at all times.
- Perform the responsibilities of a build engineer, including:
- Build commission and activate the network serving both residential and business customers.
- Carry out full end-end testing to ensure all activated network equipment are fully operational, with handovers fully completed.
- Ensure that any changes, upgrades, new equipment are installed and commissioned to agreed target deadlines.
- Adhere to safe working practises on fibre (Including Optical testing, laser safety awareness, fibre cleanliness)
- HFC passive devises (RF splitters, LPIs)
- Correct termination of various types of cabling (i.e. RG6, RG11, 540Coax, 860Coax, etc.)
- RF Tap distribution units
- Krone, Pouyet, RLS50 installation
- Multi pair copper splicing
- Use of 9083 meter
- Use of digital RF meter
- Set up RF amplifier as per specification
- Understand cable management within cabinets
- Carry out disconnection activity as directed (CCU)
- Ensure that all work is completed in line with company SOP, MIS and other technical documents
- Complete and submit all necessary documentation.
- Support all various build types & activation of the network.
- Ensure that all H&S guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Display a personal appearance and conduct in accordance with company standards.
- Demonstrate a professional and flexible attitude to ensure that customer expectations are met.
- Willing to work outside in different weather conditions
- Flexibility to work across various regions
Areas of skill and expertise
- Knowledge of Telephony / HFC / Fibre principles / Testing
- Knowledge of all applicable Health & Safety and NRSWA requirements
- Practical ability to commission network architecture level 1 to level 5
- Knowledge of optical theory (Including the building blocks of an optical network)
- Ability to interpret schematics (RF/Optical SLD)
- Ability to perform ILM & OTDR testing (Up to STM1/4)
- Basic knowledge of voice switches and managed telephony systems.
- Knowledge of Copper, PDH, SDH, transmission installation & commissioning
- Knowledge of ODFs / DDFs / DSXs and has ability to cross connect using 75 ohm coax, 120 ohm copper cable or optical patch cords.
- Experience of safe working at heights
- Experience of working with hand and power tools
- Ability to work unsupervised using own initiative
- Good problem solving skills
- Professional approach
- Full clean driving licence
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Be able to use the following test equipment:
- OTDR, 2Mgb Testers, Optical Test Equipment, Signal Level Meters, Voltmeters & Laptop
- NRSWA accredited
- ECS accredited
- G39 Electrical Awareness Trained (Or Equivalent)
This position is for immediate start and comes with a competitive rate of pay, van, tools and uniform