|Job Ref:||204540544||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:59|
PMO Lead - Brent Cross|
About the role
Capita Re are looking for a Project Management Office Lead to join our team based in London, working on one of the most exciting regeneration schemes in Europe. The Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration will deliver a new quarter for London and provide a range of new life to the Barnet region, including the key new Thameslink train station and enhanced bus station to connect this development to the rest of London. This is an exciting role and a great step up for a Project Controls/Programme Manager looking for a managing role in a PMO.
Working alongside the Business Unit Director for Brent Cross and with the Programme Director and Thameslink Project Director as well other project management and project controls professionals, you will support the successful delivery of the Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration Programme on behalf of Re.
As the PMO lead, you will be responsible for the formation of an Integration Management PMO (IPMO) across the Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration Programme Delivery PMO for the Thameslink Station Project.
About Capita Re
Re, Regional Enterprise Limited, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Re runs the Council's development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services and will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work
What you will do:
* Develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve an Integration Management PMO (IPMO) across the Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration Programme that supports the strategic management of the three major projects within the programme and aids interface management and integrated working.
* Develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve Delivery PMO for the Thameslink Station Project.
* Develop and implement a development and maturity model and implementation plan for both the IPMO and Thameslink PMO.
* Develop and implement standardised processes, tools, templates, techniques and guidance notes for both the strategic management of the regeneration programme and the delivery of the Thameslink Project.
* Capture programme/project management best practice from the Council, Capita and industry sources and apply to the development and improvement of the Brent Cross Project/Programme controls.
* Coordinate all program-level measurement and reporting; aggregate and publish inputs from financial management, quality management, value measurement, resource management etc.
* Manage the creation and maintenance of the Program Dashboards and other reporting requirements.
* Prepare accurate and timely progress reports, KPIs and other technical reports to the senior management and review contractor / developer reports for programme planning issues.
* Support effective communication with senior stakeholders, delivering clear & concise management information.
Your experience will include:
* A minimum of several years relevant successful experience in providing project/programme management controls support to teams within the built environment, ideally on major infrastructure or regeneration programmes.
* Previous experience in managing a planning or project controls department in dealing with a range of complex infrastructure programme.
* Would be advantage to have previously set up PMOs and previously over seen PMO analysts.
* Proven ability to positively challenge and shape PMO activities to deliver continuous improvements.
* Degree in project/programme management or discipline related to post.
* Good IT skills including successful experience in the application of planning related tools and geographical information systems (GIS), Microsoft Windows, Word, spreadsheets and databases.
* Experience in using planning software such as Primavera or Microsoft Project.
* Strong team leadership skills to build and maintain engagement with the PMO & PMs
* Good negotiation skills and ability to achieve effective outcomes.
* Knowledge and understanding of major programme management and procedures and issues relevant to the post;
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us