|Job Ref:||204539342||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£23000 - £28000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
Quantity Surveoyr / Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Graduate Quantity Surveyor |
Up to £28,000 + benefits
Due to company growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a specialist structural floor and roof solutions company.
This position could suit a Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Quantity Surveyor a Graduate Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge and opportunity to develop.
To accurately value contracts on a monthly basis together with assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor with general administration and running of a cohesive and proactive QS department.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- To complete monthly valuations on assigned projects ensuring that all commercial and operational aspects have been billed correctly.
- To ensure that the accounts department have all the quantity information from the operatives wages to accurately pay the directly employed staff
- To ensure that the accounts department have all the quantity information from the subcontractors invoices to accurately pay the subcontractors
- To liaise with subcontractors to ensure that their invoices accurately reflect the works undertaken and issue payment notices in line with current legislation.
- To price up variations on contracts, issue these to the clients and gain instruction to proceed in line with QS procedures
- Liaise with SMD Construction Managers to advise on commercial issues regarding contract operations
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to identify and define problems, collate data, establish facts and purpose and implement solutions.
- Previous experience in Quantity Surveying is advantageous
- Relevant qualification; minimum HNC in an Engineering discipline or relevant numerical discipline.
Location is in Dorset, with a salary on offer up to £28,000 (DOE) + excellent benefits
If you are interested in the opportunity Apply now or alternatively if you would like more of a confidential discussion or further details regarding the opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy Preston on (Apply online only) or email
Compare your salary with our free and anonymous salary benchmarking tool: