|Job Ref:||204539939||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bath||Address:||Post Code:||BA1||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:17|
Our client, a leading & global engineering/design company specialising in the Defence sector is seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join their busy Commercial team (permanent or fixed term). Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager you will be responsible for managing the day to day workload of the team and will have Line Management responsibility for more junior commercial team members. |
The main duties of the role will include:
• Leading a busy commercial team and actively managing their workload;
• Providing commercial support, advice and assistance for the preparation of bids, tenders, contractual agreements and clarification issues in accordance with statutory and internal requirements;
• Providing support and advice to Project Managers and Bid Managers and ensuring all parties strive for optimal commercial solutions;
• Supporting preparation of contract documents;
• Compiling, proof-reading and submitting tenders and RFQ responses to Clients to the required standard and deadline;
• Reading, checking, amending and, where necessary, supporting the negotiation of contract terms and conditions with Clients and Subcontractors;
• Ensuring the Company is protecting, exploiting and acting correctly in relation to Intellectual Property and export control and other statutory matters;
• Ensuring that relevant management information is recorded accurately and in a timely manner;
• Driving continual improvement in our commercial processes.
What are we looking for?
• Applicants should be able to demonstrate either, previous management experience and hold a relevant degree with some commercial experience or significant commercial experience in a similar industry.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with good computer and MS office abilities.
• Demonstrable team working skills and the ability to interact positively and effectively with internal and external customers, partners and associates, and achieving win-win solutions is also required. Some experience of UK MOD and/or overseas contracting would be an advantage, but is not essential.
The key attributes of the applicant will include:
• Managerial leadership;
• A robust and positive attitude when managing high pressure, high workload situations;
• A passion for supporting and developing junior staff and others;
• Diligence in reviewing documentation and attention to detail in all work tasks;
• A productive and focused approach to achieving goals and objectives;
• Excellent team working skills and characteristics;
• The ability to prioritise and manage time and resources to good effect