|Job Ref:||204539957||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brentwood||Address:||Post Code:||CM14||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum bonus, car/allowance, pension, healt||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:17|
ACR have a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of one of the leading developers of new homes, whose expertise lies in building large-scale residential led developments on greenfield sites across the South of the UK.|
Reporting to a Managing Surveyor the company are seeking the services of a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be responsible for one of their flagship developments in Cambridge. Time will be split between site and their head office in Brentwood, Essex.
* Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings.
* Liaises with Development Surveyors to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement.
* Liaises with estimating department to determine allowances in tender sum for specification and employer's requirements.
* Receive initial tender information and prepare and update procurement programmes.
* Agrees selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
* Prepares Production Forecast cash flow and monitors on monthly basis also client cashflows where appropriate.
* Monitors production of information and advised on financial feasibility of design development.
* Prepares and agrees documents for the basis of valuation with Client's Agent (e.g. Stage Payment Schedule, Tick off etc).
* Prepares Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection.
* Prepares tender evaluations, A1 and C6 accounts forms for approval / signing by authorised signatory.
* Issue contract variations via our web based drawing management system.
* Attends subcontract pre-order meetings and agrees any post tender variations and matters affecting tender sum.
* Prepares and monitors subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
* Agrees contract interim and final accounts including any variations with Housing Associations.
* Agrees subcontractor interim and final accounts including and variations.
* Processes and authorises subcontractor certificates for payment up to appropriate value.
* Prepares monthly cost to completes, CV summaries and other financial information.
* Prepare and agree initial preliminaries costings with Construction Director and monitors expenditure.
* Liaise with contract buyer to determine allowances within budget for the direct procurement of materials and monitor material purchasing costs and incorporate in contract financial reports.
* Applies for retention releases in accordance with relevant contract retention release clauses.
* Attends site meetings, project team meetings and subcontract meetings during currency of contract.
* Liaises with Estimating Department to communicate pose tender feedback on savings / price increases established through subcontract procurement.
* Prepares and submits notices and applications for Client / Agent for Extension of Time claims.
* Attends contract review meeting providing reports on matter which affected the profitability of the contract.
* Ensures Subcontractors are prequalified with respect to H and S and that all H and S documentation is in place prior to starting on site.
* Keep RAMS schedule updated and issue to relevant parties.
* Liaise with customer care department on post completion defects.
Applicants will ideally have extensive knowledge of construction industry processes and procedures, methods of measurement, standard forms of contract and reporting procedures, preparation of contractual claims and will ideally have experience working for a Residential Developer on high-volume projects.
This is an outstanding opportunity for any capable Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an award winning developer with excellent career development prospects alongside a highly competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package.
To discuss in any further detail please do not hesitate in contacting Francisco on (Apply online only) or apply below