|Job Ref:||204540190||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rugby||Address:||Post Code:||CV21||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum £35-40k package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:12|
My client is involved in the automation industry operating on various sites in the UK. Working with a number of blue chip clients in the industrial and commercial sectors. An exciting division working with a leading sports car manufacturer and other top companies are in increasing demand. There is a significant recruitment drive within the business and presently they are looking for a Senior Development Technician to complement a small dedicated team based in Northampton. |
Responsibilities for the Senior Development Technician include:
• Development and testing of machine builds, keeping detailed records as required.
• Knowledge and understanding of mechanical drawings while working with project and mechanical engineers
• Will involve machine build, assembly, fitting and development according to customer requirements.
• Use of different machine tools and workshop facilities to assist development
• Occasionally due to company setup may be responsible for the development and training of juniors and apprentices.
For the Senior Development Technician role it is likely that you will have an apprenticeship background in mechanical engineering or BTEC / City and Guilds of a similar nature. It would be advantageous to have held a similar role previously or experience in special purpose machinery, materials handling or capital equipment capacity, with a few years' experience. Within the role the use of machining tools will be a necessity so milling, turning or lathe experience is essential. Microsoft office competent and a flexible nature, willing to work for a tight knit team and willing to learn.
The division is based in Northampton so candidates living in nearby areas are ideally suited including towns such as: Coventry, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Ampthill, Cranfield and Kettering.
The company in return a package £35-40k. To apply for Senior Development Technician please send your CV in the first instance