|Job Ref:||204540234||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£25425 - £30610/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:59|
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading FMCG manufacturer, our client Unilever are currently recruiting for the Deodorants factory an Electrical & Controls Engineer (Days) to start ASAP for a period of 12 months. Located in Seacroft, Leeds (LS14). The salary PAYE for this role is paying between £25425 to £30610 per annum (depending on skills and experience), for a limited contractor the pay is between £126.80 per day - £152.65.|
Reporting to the Electrical Engineer Leader and working within the Maintenance Cell, the Electrical Controls Engineer will take full responsibility for ensuring maximum availability of production plant across the Sourcing Unit. The key deliverable of the role is to drive forward the maintenance and technical standards (electrical and systems) across the SU operation, increasing both plant availability & efficiency.
* Responsible for completing of near miss/incident reports and subsequent accident and environmental non-conformance investigations across the SU
* Undertake safety training (IOSH) and acquire appropriate skills to become fully operational in relevant aspects of plant safety
* Understand the importance of Process Safety Systems (especially in aerosol manufacturing) and develop the appropriate skill (Process Safety Management training) to become fully operational
* Manage factory fire and gas evacuation and incident control after completing appropriate training (take on role of Emergency Controller / Incident Controller in line with the Site Emergency Plan).
* Understand the importance of behavioural safety.
* Ensure correct procedures are followed for plant shutdowns
* Understand and enforce site safety policies & rules Inc safe isolation
* Understand risk assessment in order to contribute to Task Hazard Analysis and engineering change procedure.
* Understand environmental impacts and the importance of control measures.
* Ensure OSHE Champions are fully engaged in relevant improvement activities related to safety and environmental losses.
* Understand and comply with site waste management procedures.
* Support energy and waste reduction activities.
* Responsible for the testing of safety critical instrumentation in accordance with the site safety maintenance schedule.
* Support and maintain factory safety systems.
* Act as advisor to shift for safety systems and hazardous area compliance issues.
* HNC Electrical Engineering or equivalent. At least 5yrs working in FMCG within similar position. Excellent core skill in electrical engineering -commissioning and maintaining production machines/processes.
* Automation and control experience with excellent fault finding abilities.
* Siemens PLC S7 intermediate level with ability to modify and fault find complex programmes (example of level - Step 7 Service Level 2, Step 7 Programming Level 2, S7 Certified Service Engineer)
* Step 5 Service Level 1 or equivalent experience would be an advantage
* HMI (Siemens Protool/WinCC Flexible experience)
* Demonstrated experience with Industrial Communication Systems such as Profibus, Profinet, Industrial Ethernet Networks
* Demonstrated experience with SCADA Systems (Siemens WINCC)
* Proven track record of programming and fault finding on variable speed drives, servo drives and vision systems
* This role requires flexibility on shift pattern based on business requirements.
*Should you feel that you meet the requirements of this role - a further more detailed job specification shall be provided