|Job Ref:||204541833||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum £60-80K pus benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:59|
An interesting and challenging opportunity to work for this global leader in the design, engineering and construction of high tech facilities and major complex projects. Offering in-house technical resources combining process, mechanical and electrical engineering, technology integration, lean construction and commissioning expertise.
Reporting to the Project Director and with civil works almost complete on this project, the time has come to appoint a Senior Construction Manager on the MEP plant on site. Responsible for managing and leading the project team through the entire construction process to final completion, to ensure client satisfaction. The plant has a significant amount of mechanical process equipment within it as such a candidates must have been a proven track record for the construction of industrial plants.
• Collaborate with the Project Manager on contracting strategy and scope of work definitions.
• Ensure that all project safety requirements are met and adhered to
• To be the point of contact for subcontractor site management and be involved with the subcontractor selection and procurement process
• To provide training, succession planning, transfers, promotions and salary increases of the Project Construction team.
• Set standards of behaviour and responsibility for project team
• To be involved with the project decision making process
• To help and support team members
• To keep accurate records and ensure the team also provide detailed accounts of their activities
• Work closely with the design team and offer advice on buildability and suitability of design solutions
• Ensure that on site instructions from Client's authorised personnel are being recorded and managed
• To be able to conclude a project to the Client's satisfaction including snagging, commissioning, validation and room readiness
• Fulfil all the requirements of the Company procedures
• Ensure that all less experienced staff are being given the opportunity to improve their knowledge and experience
• Set up the site cabins, ensure services are connected and the site area is kept clean and tidy
• General working knowledge of the Form of Contract being operated for the project
• Create a good working relationship with Client's representatives
• Provide daily status reporting to the Project Manager.
Building degree or HND/HNC qualification
Generalist construction experience, including having worked through a graduate programme and/or sub/site manager improvement route
Use all recording tools and data to keep an accurate position of the project programme.
All information required for Client and other meetings to be available 48hrs before the meeting.
Remain up to date with current Health & Safety legislation