|Job Ref:||204540324||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£27970 - £33035/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:59|
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading FMCG manufacturer, our client Unilever are currently recruiting for the Deodorants factory for a Maintenance Engineer X 3 (Days) to start ASAP for a period of 12 months. Located in Seacroft, Leeds (LS14). The salary PAYE for this role is paying between £27970 to £33035 per annum (depending on skills and experience), for a limited contractor the pay is between £139.49 per day - £164.75.|
Reporting to the Maintenance Leader, the Maintenance Engineer will take full responsibility for leading the engineering improvement and co-ordination of planned maintenance activities within the Packing Operation.
The primary focus of the Maintenance Engineer will be to progress maintenance and engineering improvement activities in the Packing Operation. The Maintenance Engineer will have strong relationship with the Cell Leaders, Cell Craft and Shift Craft to enable the maintenance and improvement programme to be progressed collectively across the Packing Operation.
SAFETY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
* Understand the importance of safety training and acquire appropriate skills (e.g. via IOSH training) to become fully operational
* Understand the importance of Aerosol Safety Systems and develop the appropriate skill (e.g. via Burgoyne training) to become fully operational
* Understand the Red Book requirements for the Packing Operation and ensure full compliance
* Understand the importance of behavioural safety training and develop the appropriate skills to become fully operational in Safe Acts Visits
* Understand the purpose of the permit system and develop the appropriate skills to become fully operational
* Responsible for ensuring the completion of 5S audits and using results to focus improvements in Workplace Organisation
* Understand and enforce site safety policies & rules
* Understand risk assessment in order to contribute to Task Hazard Analysis and ensure engineering change procedures are followed.
* Deliver Technical Safety of equipment and systems in the Packing Operation with and through the Cell Craft and Maintenance Craft, ensuring that all safety related changes and improvements are completed to plan
* Ensure that all Cell team members are aware of engineering changes / modifications which have occurred in their area, and appropriate training is in place.
* Have awareness of energy utilisation and wastage around the Packing Operation.
* Manage and deliver Technical Quality of equipment and systems in the Packing Operation
* Ensure Quality related routine activities are completed to plan
* Ensure emergency Quality related tasks and activities are completed within appropriate timescales
* Deliver improvements to quality gates when required and via the QM process
Understand the importance of behavioural quality training and develop the appropriate skills to become fully operational in Quality Acts Visits and Quality Near Misses
* Support Quality training activities for Cell team members and identify any specific needs to SU Quality
* Take part in root cause analysis of Quality and develop engineering countermeasures to prevent recurrence
* Mentor Maintenance Craft, Cell Craft, Shift Cell Craft and apprentice engineers.
Responsible for the recruitment and selection of new team members.
Fully implement HR policies related to team members and their activities.
* Understand the company disciplinary procedure and conduct verbal warnings, counselling and suspension for gross misconduct where appropriate
* Mentor Cell Teams where appropriate
* Conduct PDP's in accordance with the defined PDP procedure
Liaise with Training Co-ordinator to ensure T&D plans are appropriate for the apprentice engineers ensuring that skills and competency gaps are identified and addressed.
* Progress the decision making and technical capability of the Maintenance Craft.
* Develop the team working and cohesion of the cell technical teams to create a unified and consistent unit embodying a standard of professionalism.
*Should you feel that you meet the requirements of this role - a further more detailed job specification shall be provided