|Job Ref:||204541162||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum £25,000 + Overtime potential||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:18|
Toolmaker (Aerospace / Precision) Derby|
An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join a world leader in design, manufacture, supply and support of high quality specialised instrumentation products and services for the aerospace and turbo-machinery industries. This company operates on a global basis and has accumulated vast experience in the support of developing new technologies and validation of engine design.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Toolmaker Machinist with EDM experience to join their team.
We are ideally looking for someone with Spark and Wire EDM experience, the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, and the ability to set up parts using compound angles to drawings.
Being self-motivated and capable of working on own initiative, with a positive work ethic and 'can-do' attitude is a must!
The successful candidate will be required to manufacture one off or small batch prototypes and specialist components for the turbine industries.
- Working on CNC millers, lathes, grinders, spark EDM and wire EDM.
- Set and operate lathes.
- Design and manufacture jigs, fixtures, tools and all models for production.
- Working to tight tolerances.
- Accurate marking out of work, meeting specifications and customer requirements.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and program accordingly.
- Ensuring that work meets quality and technical guidelines.
- Provide assistance and advice to Engineers to establish best machining methods.
- Working to deadlines in order to meet customer requirements.
- Undertake day to day maintenance of machines and working area.
- Adhering to company Health and Safety standards.
Essential (Required for the role):
- Fully skilled apprentice trained or time served toolmaker.
- Experience of working within a precision engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working with exotic alloys and understanding the properties of materials.
- Extensive experience of EDM Spark and Wire Erosion.
- Experienced in operating manual machines and modern CNC machines.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Self-motivated and capable of working on your own initiative.
- Positive approach to issue resolution.
- Keen to learn new skills and develop new processes.
- Must be prepared to work additional hours when required to meet customer demand.
Desirable (Would be a bonus, but not required):
- Understanding of CAD/CAM.
- Experience of operating co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM).
- Direct experience with any of the following machines would be useful but not essential: XYZ Mini Mill, XYZ Mini Turn , Mitsubishi Wire EDM, Sodick Moldmaker Spark EDM, Harrison lathe, Colchester Mascot lathe, Boko Mill, XYZ Protrak 3000
- Bench fitting/assembly experience.
- Job Sector: Aerospace
- Job Type: Permanent
- Excellent working hours: 7.30am - 4.15pm (Mon - Thurs) & 7.30am to 12pm (Fri)
- 25 days holidays + public holidays (33 days in a standard year)
- Training and development opportunities
- Salary £25k for basic hours, plus scope for overtime at higher rate if wanted