|Job Ref:||204541421||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:18|
We are recruiting for a Development Manager for our Clients successful Partnerships Division near Coventry. This is a key role covering management of development opportunities for the Region.|
The successful candidate must have experience in the same, or similar role, from a residential contracting organisation. Ideally you will have worked on developments for Extra Care, mixed use residential and affordable housing schemes.
* To lead projects and ensure that all necessary inputs are received on time and within budget to enable specified project milestones to be achieved as per the agreed project plan.
* To co-ordinate and arrange, as necessary, pre-development meeting involving Production, Sales, Planning and Design Departments in order to agree all aspects of the scheme design, specification; programme and technical issues which may impact on the potential scheme's viability.
* To co-ordinate and appoint outside consultants as appropriate and necessary in conjunction with other departments.
* To obtain updated and appropriate cost feedback information from the Estimating Department with respect to appraisals and evaluate the implications upon scheme design and initiate appropriate changes.
* To produce the funding pack information on projects which have been successfully adjudicated with the Regional Director for presentation and authorisation (as appropriate) prior to effecting completion of contracts and input onto acquisition and funding packs.
* To co-ordinate the affordable housing provision to be provided in any mixed tenure scheme.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Good knowledge of the Planning system and development process, Project Appraisal Techniques, Design and Technical issues relevant to house building and Affordable Housing Contracts.
* Good Writing and Presentation Skills
* Able to work under own initiative, having good decision making skills and a keen sense of responsibility.
* Good communication skills and ability to organise and positively motivate others both individually.
* Previous experience or ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of defined projects within budgetary constraints through commitment and determination and within set time limits.
* Experience in liaising and negotiating with a wide range of individuals and organisations including professional consultants, local authorities, social housing clients and working colleague involved in the development process.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website