|Job Ref:||204542512||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Wokingham||Address:||Post Code:||RG40||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum £25,000 Fixed-Term salary||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
Junior/Graduate .NET Developer|
12 month fixed-term contract
Are you a Junior/Graduate .NET Developer looking to work for a market leader? My client are market leaders in their field and at present are in a very exciting place in their development.
The main purpose of this role is the development and maintenance of web applications, web security, ad-hoc report design, statistical analysis, data selection and extraction.
Part of an experience .NET team you will have to have the following:
• Ability to meet tight time frames and work under pressure.
• Strong team player with a positive approach to work.
• Strong communication and listening skills.
• C# (preferably 4.0), (url removed), MVC 2 or 3.
• SQL Server 2005/2008.
• Visual Studio 2010.
• Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
• OO Design & Design patterns.
• Microsoft Entity Framework.
• Test driven development.
• Degree educated (numerate degree).
• Experience of working effectively within a software development team.
This position involves working within the software team and reporting to the Software Development Manager. There may be a requirement to interact with the offshore development teams too.
Responsibilities to include:
Software Development Process:
• Understanding product direction and requirements.
Software development responsibilities:
• Use of object-oriented design, design patterns and analysis principles.
• Work within the context of the full development lifecycle.
• Test driven development - Implement significant coverage of unit tests.
• Participate in software design activities.
• Participate in peer software reviews and recommend improvements in software standards and code.
• Create technical specifications where required.
• Create relevant documentation in line with company and department processes.
• Maintain compliance to development standards.
• Provide technical product support to other teams within the company.
• Participate in fixing issues that may arise in the product(s).
• Able to respond effectively to emerging technologies and understand the impact to the company's products