|Job Ref:||204542570||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£150/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity and the chance to earn whilst you learn? Then apply now!|
You will be working for...
A social media and digital marketing company with offices in Ibiza, Glasgow and London. They've helped brands large and small make the most of their social media, increasing their online presence with their current customers while attracting new ones along the way. Social media is a silent but loud business, with so many brands competing for the same slots on your newsfeed, getting your brand heard is becoming something of a skill. As a digital media company they offer general consultation, content building, strategy management and advertising across all social platforms. Their expertise lies in their ability to learn and quickly adapt in such a rapidly changing environment, as well as, an innate skill to understand customers in a range of different industries.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job...
As an Apprentice Developer you will be assisting on many duties and projects. This will be a hands on role and at times a fast paced environment. The apprentice will be expected to do the following initially with the help from the team:
- Drawing up website specifications, designing sample layouts & graphics
- Write very basic code in PHP
- Understand basic SQL queries
- Working with senior developers to attain the best possible result for clients
- Debugging code and re-designing web pages
- Working well in a team
- Working to deadlines with respects to projects
- Undergoing QA Training with respect to Software and Web Development
- Working in a first class learning environment
Full training in all areas will be provided.
Daily working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm - 37.5 Hours per Week
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering: Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain an SCQF Level 6 Diploma in Information & Telecommunications Professionals. Plus an MTA (Microsoft Technical Associate) in Software Development Fundamentals. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in Software & Web Development.
Who should apply...
- Someone who has the ability to quickly analyse and make appropriate judgements, and adapt to change
- Someone who is clear and confident communicator
- Someone who is self-starter, keen to develop and proficient computer user
- Someone who has excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Someone who is able to use own initiative
- Someone who has strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Someone who is able to demonstrate resilience and flexibility
The successful candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Software and Web Development apprenticeship with QA and begin your Software and Web Development career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached