|Job Ref:||204542631||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£336/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding new challenge along with the opportunity to self-develop? If this sounds like you then apply now for an opportunity to thrive and grow your career here!|
You will be working for...
The Post Office Europe's largest retail network and the largest financial services chain in the UK with more branches than all of the UK's banks and building societies put together
At Post Office, they aspire to be at the very heart of customers' choice by becoming the most trusted provider of essential services to every person in the land. It's an exciting time to come to work at the Post Office as things are really changing. You'll be part of the team that is central to the delivery of our IT strategy.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will...
- Support the development and management of security for more than one IT functional area e.g. data, applications, Web
- Assist in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures e.g. user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures and use of firewalls and encryption routines
- Help prepare status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures
- May be involved in the tracking and monitoring of software viruses
- Assist to enforce security policies and procedures by helping to administer and monitor security profiles, review security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates and maintain security controls
- Assist in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness
- Help to provide direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues
- This role will be primarily focused on security administration. As an IT Security Analyst Apprentice, you'll support the IT team to develop and implement security policies and procedures as well as working on security administration within the team.
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 ( equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
New skills including:
- Networking Principles
- Network Systems and Architecture
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Technical Security Fundamentals
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L4
Higher Apprenticeships Network Engineer Level 4 (equivalent to first year of degree study), Microsoft Certified Professional - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
24 - 28 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after 12-15 months if you find that the training/role isn't for you)
Who should apply...
- Someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Individuals with a good ability to influence, negotiate and develop rapport with key stakeholders
- Someone with good planning and organisation skills with the ability to work within structured processes, managing tasks efficiently and effectively
Someone with a good understanding of PC software/hardware and knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Someone with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Successful candidates will at all times act as an ambassador for Post Office and maintaining professional and ethical working practices
- Someone with the ability to work to tight deadlines and solve problems/make decisions
- Someone who can work individually and as part of a team, using own initiative to resolve problems and make decision
- Someone with a strong interest in IT
- Professional individuals with a positive attitude and high energy
- The ideal apprentice will be friendly, polite, determined, remain calm under pressure and have the ability to quickly form good relationships with team member
- Successful candidates will ideally have 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
This offer is for an IT Systems and Networking at Level 3 and then the Cyber Security Apprenticeship at Level 4. (Exceptional candidates may begin at Level 4). If by the end of the programme the apprentice has met the required standards of the role, they will be eligible to progress towards a further position at Post Office.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached