|Job Ref:||204542641||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northumberland||City:||Northumberland||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Salary:||£8.65/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
Base Location: Northumberland|
Hours: 39 basic
We require experienced Civil Engineering Operatives to carry out a variety of groundwork and related activities. The roles involve a significant amount of manual handling; use of hand tools; use of power tools and hand excavation. It also involves liaison with customers and public, and may involve working in confined spaces. They will be expected to carry out these duties in a safe, competent, and efficient manner ensuring compliance with strict safety guidelines and procedures on a variety of sites across the region.
The successful candidates will have a good working knowledge of site operations and procedures and be able to follow reasonable instructions from management. They will also be required to comply with all company Health and Safety procedures, notices and instructions and all safety issues and/or accidents must be reported immediately.
• Have demonstrable experience in groundworks at a suitable level (e.g. Hand excavation, lay GSB/ /Tarmac/Concrete/paving/lay drainage/ operating plant)
• Have, as minimum, a valid CSCS Labourer card
• Hold up to date CSCS/ CPCS/Craft qualifications as applicable to the role applied for
• Be educated to GCSE level, or equivalent
Applicants will also:
• Be experienced in operating in a construction/civil engineering site environment
• Be able to demonstrate full understanding of applicable Health and Safety rules and procedures
• Have access to their own transport and be flexible to suit the demand of our varying clients