|Job Ref:||204550182||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leatherhead||Address:||Post Code:||KT22||Salary:||£45000 - £51000/annum Blue chip benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:00|
Job Title: Systems Engineer|
Company: Global IT Consultancy
Clearance: DV (Developed Vetting)
Systems Engineer: Working for a global IT consultancy, you will provide systems engineering support for the DGC Enterprise. The engineer's primary goal is to support the integration of new and upgraded capability at DGC.
A leading business and technology services company with a global workforce. In the UK, they are ranked as a top 5 Defence software and IT services supplier providing defence advisory services, software solutions, systems integration, secure hosting services and training across the Ministry of Defence including frontline operations, security, intelligence, communications, personnel systems, logistics and infrastructure.
By engaging with the key stakeholder, system owners and reviewing extant technical information the engineer will provide the necessary link between all parties to assist with capability realisation.
To ensure a coherent SOSA response for both internal change proposals as well as wider MOD change programmes affecting the DGC CIS baseline.
* Review the available engineering project documentation including material generated by DTs, Suppliers, or on-site network and support teams
* Identify potential sources of conflict/risk and provide necessary critical thinking with respect to upcoming system(s) roll out.
* Engage and review regularly with the system SME, DTs and user community.
* Understand and report any issues as they arise.
* Work closely with the Enterprise Architect and Network and Comms engineer and share the output.
* Liaise with the wider SoS team, other Domain Architects and wider engineering community on both the Authority and Supplier side.
* Ensure designs are kept up to date as changes are made through the RFC process.
* Liaise with Delivery teams and wider Engineering resources to collaborate and develop the systems.
Essential Skills :
* Evaluate the impact of proposed changes by generating Quick Look Assessments (QLA) and RFCs to provide a coherent response for both internal and wider MOD change programmes.
* Generate and maintain an Enterprise Issues Report to track all identified CIS-related issues including work off plans.
* Support technical working groups.
* Providing SME advice on System Capability, Integration and SOS Testing.
* Providing guidance and design advice on Requirements and Future System Design and Functionality.
As well as opportunities for professional development and growth this position offers:
* Profit Participation plan
* Share Purchase Plan
* Competitive Pension Scheme
* Private Health Care for members as a taxable benefit
* 25 days annual leave with the option to buy/sell