|Job Ref:||204550295||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Saffron Walden||Address:||Post Code:||CB11||Salary:||£30000 - £62000/annum Company Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:23|
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer, with a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering science and practice, looking to join a leading manufacturer of stage engineering?|
Able to develop and document outline designs using CAD, and familiar with Catia for 3D modelling and documentation, you will estimate the likely cost to design, develop, manufacture and supply solutions and hence support our sales and engineering teams.
* To define bespoke solutions to challenging engineering problems with reference to the company's prior-art, to meet specific requirements of diverse project-based applications.
* Understanding the underlying physics of complex problems carry out calculations to analyse problems and validate solutions - designing from first principles to initial concept.
* Estimate the likely cost to design, develop, manufacture and supply solutions and hence support our sales and engineering teams.
* Create feasible programme schedules.
* Manage internal and third party design and development resource to manage risk and guarantee timely delivery of World Class engineering.
* Originate ideas for design solutions, based on sound engineering principles and with reference to the company's prior-art, to meet specific requirements of diverse project-based applications.
* Develop and document outline designs using CAD.
* Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering science and practice. (Stress & deflection of structures, power & torque of drivetrains, inertia of machinery and mechanisms, design for global environmental conditions, aerodynamics and fluid mechanics).
* Exceptional analytical and numerical competency for justifying designs by calculation.
* Thorough understanding of first principles and experience of applying these to real-world applications.
* Extensive experience of working with clients to develop specifications, engineering solutions and schedules and of working as part of an integrated delivery team including sales, project managers, multi-disciplinary engineers, production and factory colleagues.
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as take personal responsibility and work with minimal supervision.
* Wide experience of engineering design and project delivery encompassing large scale automation and capital projects through high precision, safety critical devices in a hands-on manufacturing environment.
* Proficiency in 3D parametric modelling package(s).
* Flair for translating creatively-led requirements into technically robust practical engineered solutions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, able to liaise with others at all levels in the company and with customers and suppliers.
* Chartered or Professional Engineer.
* Familiarity with published engineering design standards