|Job Ref:||204550506||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicestershire||Address:||Post Code:||LE65||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:23|
Furniture Design Technician (AutoCAD/ Solidworks)|
£18,000 - £25,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
We have an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Furniture Design Technician to join the Point of Sale (POS) technical team of an established client based in Leicester. You will be reporting to the Design Manager and will be responsible for producing concept Point of Sale design packs, fast tracking the approval from clients and handing over the projects to the manufacturing teams.
Working as an Furniture Design Technician within the POS team, you must have at least 1 years' worth of experience using both Solidworks and AutoCAD and have already been exposed to designing for Point of Sale (POS).
Working as an Furniture Design Technician you will be:
* Manage the day to day design work
* Produce Concept Design Packs using CAD / Solidworks
* Gain approval for projects in a timely manner through the submission and revision of design packs.
* Professionally acknowledge and managing incoming enquiries.
* Maintain and control a correct and up to date, electronic and folder based copy of all projects and their progress.
* Work with the internal teams to ensure all projects are formally and correctly handed over from Concept Design to Production Design through the Project Manager.
* Produce and Update Project Plans feeding back progress back to the Head of Design.
* Positively work with clients, suppliers and the internal teams.
* Actively seek design and drawing improvements from the Manufacturing Manager and the teams.
* Conduct site survey as and when required.
* Undertake other duties as directed by either the Client & Operations Manager or a Director.
Commutable Locations: Leicester, Loughborough, Nuneaton, Nottingham, Derby, Coventry, Peterborough, Leicestershire, Birmingham, Rugby, Kettering, Northampton, Grantham, Walsall
If you are interested in this Furniture Design Technician opportunity or any other roles in the CAD sector please call ALICE for a friendly, confidential conversation on (Apply online only) or e-mail your CV to