|Job Ref:||204550830||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:01|
£35,000 - £45,000
A Principal Economist is required for a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy to be based in their Glasgow office. The role is to provide a broad range of economic advice to clients in support of their development and strategy ambitions. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside acknowledged expertise across a truly multi-disciplinary business to develop new business relationships and deliver excellence.
The ideal Principal Economist will have at least 5 years post graduate experience in an economics / development environment, marshalling economic arguments in making the case for development and / or policy.
Principal Economist Key responsibilities:
- Reinforce our economics team in Scotland in response to a combination of existing workloads, emerging City Deal opportunities and making the economic case in support of our clients development ambitions
- Project support through management, analysis and delivery; and delegation of appropriate tasks to junior staff
- Work winning capability
- Maintain and build positive client relationships
Principal Economist Key requirements:
- Understanding and experience of operating in the Scottish market
- Demonstrated work winning ability through client and network relationships
- Effective bid writing capability
- Economics or related degree
- Experience of public and private sector requirements, economic impact assessments and appraisals, business case development
- Excellent understanding of economic principles associated with development and infrastructure
- Preparing evidence bases and analysis as part of Business Cases and/or planning application or Development Plan preparation
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading UK multi-disciplinary consultancy with a strong presence in the Scottish market. The salary is expected to be between £35,000 - £45,000, however this is a guide and anyone who feels they fit the description and would be looking for a package outside of this range will also be taken into consideration dependant on experience.
If you would be interested in applying for this role or would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail then please either send an up to date CV or call Karl French on (Apply online only)