|Job Ref:||204550840||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:01|
Principal Civil Engineer|
£45,000 - £50,000
A Principal Civil Engineer is required for a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy to be based in their Glasgow office. The role will be working on major development and infrastructure schemes in all sectors and markets, including roads and highways, renewable energy, commercial / industrial, residential, education and tourism.
Principal Civil Engineer Key responsibilities / duties include:
- Project co-ordination of Major Infrastructure Schemes
- Financial budget control
- Management of Graduates and Technicians
- Design of effective, economic and sustainable infrastructure solutions
- Preparation of technical reports, tender documents and specifications for public and private sector developments.
- Preparation and checking of detailed design drawings and supporting documentation.
Principal Civil Engineer Capabilities and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, with extensive experience of working in an Infrastructure Engineering role. They should possess a HND/HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering. A BEng/MEng degree in Civil Engineering and Chartered Engineer status is desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have extensive experience of road and highway design standards including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Designing Streets and other relevant British and European standards.
- Have extensive experience in the design of adopted drainage.
- Have experience in chairing client and consultation project meetings,
- Consultation, negotiations and meetings with Third Party Authorities.
- Have experience of construction contract and specification preparation.
- Ability to effectively manage resources.
- Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Competent in the use of design software such as Civil 3D or MXROAD, Microdrainage and AutoCAD
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading UK multi-disciplinary consultancy. The salary is expected to be between £45,000 - £50,000, however this is a guide and anyone who feels they fit the description and would be looking for a package outside of this range will also be taken into consideration dependant on experience.
If you would be interested in applying for this role or would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail then please either send an up to date CV or call Karl French on (Apply online only)