|Job Ref:||204550859||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:18|
My client is looking to bring an experienced Buyer with an Engineering background to join a very successful family run business within the Special Purpose industry.|
Manage the supply chain to ensure quotes and product receipts are achieved within the desired time frame to allow production to meet agreed shipping targets.
- Acts as liaison between purchasing and interfacing organisations to plan, coordinate and implement strategies for all supply chain activities related to fulfilling production requirements.
- Manages inventory to a specified inventory plan to support the production schedule to meet the business key performance indicators.
- Ensures feedback occurs through tiered accountability on material shortages.
- Demonstrates an active commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, cost, delivery and lead time.
- Responsible for invoice issue resolution.
- Maintain material requirements plan to support Operations master schedule, create and release purchase orders to support and prioritise business requirements.
- Develop supplier capacity and productions plans that meet business needs.
- Identify and communicate supplier capacity overloads and work with Operations team.
- Develop and maintain Internal and intercompany performance detail.
- Analyse material capacity and set production schedules to optimize output.
- Co-ordinate with Planner to ensure supplier plans & capacity are aligned with internal production plans.
- Effective Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with outside suppliers. Able to articulate ideas and strategies clearly and enlist support from key stakeholders.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people across functions and regions.
- Integrative Thinker: Ability to use judgment, experience, critical thinking and analytical tools to make recommendations and drive opportunities for cost optimization.
- Plans, schedules, places orders and administrate purchase orders to ensure quality hardware is delivered on time in accordance with the requirements shown in ERP / SAP.
- Researches and provides constant feedback to department and management relative to material shortages and supplier's capacity and capabilities.
- Maintains procurement records and related databases.
The successful candidate would ideally have worked with Capital equipment and be able to liaise UK and Globally.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a company who takes great pride and delivers on Quality.
If you are interested in the above role please apply using the link below or you can contact Hollie on (Apply online only)