|Job Ref:||204551672||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dover||Address:||Post Code:||CT17||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:02|
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join this local employer of choice. Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will provide advice and direct support in the structure and delivery of the financial and commercial management of construction contracts awarded, ensuring that commercial contractual rights and obligations are discharged in line with agreed risk strategies.
You will work with and alongside Project Managers, Project Management teams and the Programme Office. The role will be largely self supporting.
The role will involve regular contact with the companies technical and financial staff along with contractors and the supply chain in general.
Duties of the Post Holder
* To work in tandem with Project Managers in the control and delivery of the commercial and financial requirements of contracts that arise from the delivery of projects.
* To provide an Employer's monthly valuations of works, or the verification of the accuracy of 'Applications for Payments' from contractors as required.
* To provide a service to check the validity and any subsequent financial evaluation for compensation events, variations, extension of times and contractual claims in general.
* Advise Project Managers on contract compliance and communication obligations when appropriate.
* To provide advice on procurement routes and delivering the procurement process.
* To bring to early attention any situation or incident that may expose the Board to a significant risk that has not been recorded on the appropriate Risk Register.
* To carry out cost estimating, cost planning and cost reporting through the stages of a construction Project.
* Comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
* To identify and manage risks, particularly those which affect safety, and to ensure that all tasks under your control are performed with the utmost regard for health and safety. To facilitate effective communication on risk and safety issues at all times
* In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Head of Department from time to time. Such duties will, however, be reasonable in relation to the jobholder's skills, abilities and status.
* HND/HNC Level
* Minimum of 5 years experience in Quantity Surveying.
* Good working knowledge and experience of the NEC forms of contract.
* Knowledge and experience of a range of civil engineering, building and M&E projects.
* Able to demonstrate experience of working within a project management team.
* Able to demonstrate a high standard of negotiation skills.
* Able to demonstrate a keen appreciation of the options that may be used in commercial management of contracts.
* Able to demonstrate a good level of cost management.
* Able to demonstrate a good understanding of risk management
* High level of expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word
* A good understanding of MS Project
Sound like you, please apply now