|Job Ref:||204551703||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cornwall||City:||Falmouth||Address:||Post Code:||TR11||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum + Beneifits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:12|
Job Spec: Health & Safety Manager and Quality Systems Manager |
Health and Safety Manager: Primary function
To develop and implement Health and Safety best practice, ensuring the Company complies with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice. To work proactively with managers to establish and maintain safe systems of work and a safe environment for staff. Principal Accountabilities:
• To ensure the Company's Health and Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation.
• To monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety Policy and Practice and to develop and implement new policy and procedure documents as required.
• To develop, implement and evaluate a Health and Safety Action Plan for the company
• To identify and meet employee training needs in relation to Health and Safety.
• To develop and deliver training sessions for managers and frontline employees.
• To consult employees on Health and Safety issues and to support and develop the role of the Company's Health and Safety Committee, including arranging, and attending meetings.
• To advise the Board and Management Team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across the organisation.
• To work with managers and staff to ensure risk assessments are prepared and reviewed as necessary.
• To assist line managers in implementing Health and Safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), in a consistent and effective manner.
Quality Management Systems Controller: Secondary function
The company is aiming to gain ISO 9001 certification over the next 12 months and we envisage this candidate as a key participant in this process as the synergies are clear in that both areas are driven by strict systems and procedures.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• IOSH or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Practical experience of Health and Safety in a fast paced business environment including contact with appropriate external organisations
• Passionate about Safety, Health and disciplined business processes and should be able to influence at all levels and facilitate change
• Experience of designing and delivering training.
• PC literate, able to present information coherently, accurately and persuasively
• Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation
• Experience of Auditing within an ISO certified system