|Job Ref:||204551808||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£35.00/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:01|
Leading Property and Infrastructure Consultancy in Southampton urgently seeks a Mechanical Building Services Engineer for an initial 3 month contract.|
Purpose of the job:
To undertake quality cost effective Heating and Ventilation Design and Maintenance services to client(s) specifications, ensuring that the services comply with appropriate legislation, professional standards and the company's values, standards, policies and priorities.
To foster and maintain collaborative ways of working and develop effective working client/partnership/colleague relationships both within the organisation and externally.
To assist in preparing for and successfully meeting the challenge of compulsory competitive tendering insofar as it may affect the functions of the post.
To contribute to corporate management process and the achievement of corporate aims and objectives, providing as necessary specialist advice.
* Supervision for and on behalf of various clients, all design aspects of the mechanical services (i.e. heating, hot and cold water supplies, air conditioning, ventilation, gas supplies and gas installations) in a variety of properties including Schools and Social Services predominantly within the Southampton area but encompassing the southern region of England & Wales.
To undertake and co-ordinate building projects and maintenance within the terms of funding agreements/service specifications for Mechanical Services.
To deliver the schemes within budget and in accordance with prescribed standards and timescales.
To arrange for works to be carried out and supervise them in order to ensure compliance with specifications, monitoring the contractor's performance and undertaking such inspections as may be necessary.
To participate in meetings and working groups as requested and undertake any work necessary to implement corporate and/or directorate initiatives.
To achieve effective relationships with Members, Tenants, Leaseholders, Head teachers, Governors, Occupiers and their representatives throughout the client organisation.
To provide a feedback to the client on the effectiveness of services policies and their implementation, making recommendations for future action.
To assist in preparing annual and revised estimates and manage the Division's trading accounts within corporate standing orders, regulations and ground rules.
You will be expected to have:
* Financial reporting awareness
* Statutory compliance knowledge, competency and skill to achieve requirements
* People management skills
* Cost and budget management skills
* Knowledge of the fee bid process in order to participate in fee bids
* Relevant and up to date mechanical technical skills
* Significant experience performing a similar role.
* Be proficient in MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel etc).
* Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects to deadline and budget.
* Good relationship management with both colleagues and clients.
* The ability to work under direction but to be able to use their own initiative when required