|Job Ref:||204551814||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:01|
Our Client is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. |
They have a requirement for a Principal structural engineer, ideally from a nuclear, power, or similar background. This role will be based in our client's office in Warrington. You will be working on a new project which is expected to last a number of years.
The ideal candidate will be a Principal structural engineer, or senior structural engineer with relevant experience, preferably with an appropriate professional qualification.
Experience sought would be extensive experience in the defence or nuclear industry; however, experience in thermal power stations and renewable energy would be an advantage.
They will have excellent communication and leadership skills. Candidates from a wide range of industries will be considered
• Be responsible to the project director for the delivery of a range of projects
• Project include new build design, analysis of existing facilities
• Be able to undertake structural engineering design services and technical advisory role
• Undertake the services above as required by the role in the project (Lenders Engineer, Owners Engineer, Detailed Designer)
• Be aware of level of detail required for the different stages of the project (concept, preliminary, tender design, detailed design)
• Check and review of designs undertaken by engineers
• Guidance and mentoring of less experienced engineers and graduate engineers
• Undertake design reviews of 3rd party deliverables, and be able to substantiate comments in discussions
• Conversant with latest codes and standards for design of structural engineering elements in power stations (thermal, renewables, hydro)
• In addition, ideally conversant in regulations and design philosophies used in structural engineering in the nuclear power generation environment
• Liaising with other design teams (and other disciplines) in the power station design environment, from both internal and external design parties
• Be familiar with procurement strategies for projects, and for design services, and different methods thereof
• Maintain client relationships
• Lead and manage small design teams
• Project delivery (monitoring of project spend versus budget, delivery to agreed programme)
• Support business development activities including prospective client visits
• Presentations and bid preparation
• Already have, or be able to have, security clearance SC1