|Job Ref:||204551825||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Mechanical||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:01|
Role: Mechanical Field Service Engineer|
ROLE IS BASED IN GREATER LONDON
The role of a Mechanical field service engineer will take you from performing detailed site surveys for equipment upgrades and servicing to the manual tools and fixture work of stripping and repairing blowers and vacuum pumps.
This varied job will mean spending some time on the benches, maintaining the company's blower hire fleet and service stock. Additionally, it will involve working on location along with other engineers supporting our large client base for service and general maintenance. Your role entails being responsible for the identification and rectification of mechanical and basic electrical faults on blower, vacuum plant and conveying equipment.
The servicing work will include oil changes, belt checks, greasing bearings, changing seals and flange gaskets and pipe work connections as required on a planned service. There will also be a requirement to rectify damage discovered on an unplanned or emergency basis
To facilitate this, you will be provided with a company vehicle for installations and removal of heavy blower and vacuum plant whilst attending customer sites.
Successful candidates will have several years of engineering experience; you should be qualified to a recognised engineering standard along with basic electrical knowledge. This should include experience in the installation, inspection, maintenance and commissioning of mechanical equipment
You will have experience as a service engineer maintaining heavy machinery and be willing to work long hours when demand requires and demonstrate appropriate customer engagement skills.
* Fully competent in all machine shop processes
* Vertical borer experience would be preferred
* Experience on breakdowns, maintenance and commissioning activities
* Able to read Mechanical and hydraulic drawings
* Fault finding skills using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
* Computer literate with the ability to maintain correct documentation attached to the role
* Complete Maintenance Records and Reports accurately and on time.
* Experience of the fitting, aligning, strip down and repair of industrial equipment.
* Test equipment to make sure it is in working order.
* Dis-assembly and re-assembly expertise
* Confined space, Isolation, Fire, Asbestos COSHH, and COMAH awareness
* CNC experience would be an advantage
* Conduct repairs and service to plant and equipment as required in an efficient manner in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures.
This is an 08:00 to 17:00 Mon to Thurs and 08:00 to 16:00 Friday with overtime available.
Your work location will initially be at Hanwell to start but will on other days be direct to site, with night stop overs dependent on location and duration of work