|Job Ref:||204552123||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Crystal Palace||Address:||Salary:||£21000 - £32000/annum + Company Vehicle & Phone||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:18|
Salary: £21,000 - £32,000 DoE + Company Vehicle & Phone
Due to expanding workload we have an opportunity for a Trainee and experienced Fire and Security Engineers to join an established Security business. All work undertaken is inside of the M25, however, candidates must live in South London for easy access to the offices.
All candidates must hold a clean, UK driving licence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install first fix and second fix on fire systems.
- Undertake maintenance and repairs in accordance with KPI's set by the customer.
- Complete the PPM works within agreed time-scales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and to the laid-down procedures and satisfactory standards.
- Respond to service call requests during normal hours and when on call.
- Identify non-repairable faults in equipment and propose corrective course of action.
- Ensure all tools and equipment necessary to complete maintenance and repairs are available and serviceable at all times.
- Ensure Fire alarm systems are in compliance with BS 5839 and report defects as necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced engineers will have a minimum of five years' experience of working with addressable fire alarm systems such as Gent, Morley, Advance, EMS, Kentec, Notifier, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of IP based systems.
- Electrical understanding with recognised qualifications.
- Trainees will be required to have a minimum of two years' experience either in fire/security or as an electrician with some experience of CCTV, Access Control or Intruder Alarms.
- Be enthusiastic and keen to pursue a career within security engineering. This can progress to Fire and Security Installation Engineer or Security Service Engineer