|Job Ref:||204552130||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£40188 - £44208/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:01|
Highways England is the new Government company that operates, maintains and improves England`s network of motorways and major A roads. This network is around 4,300 miles long and while it represents only 2 per cent of all roads in England by length it carries a third of all traffic by mileage as well as two thirds of heavy goods traffic, making it the backbone of the country.|
We have around 3,500 staff based in seven offices around the country including a uniformed Traffic Officer service in control centres and patrolling key areas of the network. Highways England is held to account by two bodies who act on behalf of the public - The Office of Rail and Roads monitor the performance of our highways and Transport Focus champion the needs of road users.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: (url removed)
Information Technology Directorate`s (ITD) Traffic Technology Division (TTD) is responsible for the deployed technology asset. Through direct action and engagement with internal and external partners, TTD manages the technology lifecycle through its operational life and engaging with future Intelligent Transport Solutions (ITS).
The Senior Technology Performance Analyst shall assume senior analytical authority for the regulatory reporting of the technology performance indicator. Coupled with this important role, the successful candidate will be expected to review and analyse key asset performance data and trend analysis to assess the health and operational effectiveness of a diverse range of technology assets on the strategic road network and its supporting systems and environs, working with the team to deliver continuous service improvements.
This specialist role will drive the implementation, embedment and continuous improvement of effective performance measurement and management as an essential tool for successful asset performance.
- Provide quality analysis and progress reporting to the Senior Responsible Owner, Project Board and other senior stakeholders
- Identify, develop and implement and monitor day-to-day support for potential future the project activities including contract compliance, risk management, financial management and reporting, document control and governance
- To use all of the information, tools, techniques and processes developed in the above objectives to actively support the development of an improved technology asset management culture as required in the new government company licence
- Develop a business or value management case for new projects
- Plan and define project steps, scope project risks and issues, establish plans, reviews milestones and priorities
- Develop, update, monitor and report against detailed project plans identifying resource requirements and interdependencies
- Help, commission and manage expert and consultancy support as appropriate; and evaluate and act on such advice to ensure objectives are achieved
- Assess safety performance to minimise risks, develop improvements and escalate issues with relevant authorities in a timely manner and carry out any tasks identified to the post in the Level 2 and relevant 2a Organisational Health & Safety RACI charts
- Experience / technical qualifications to demonstrate a sound analytical capability, including identifying trends and proposing improvements, ideally demonstrating improved business and/or asset related performance is required with evidence of analysis against performance metrics being desirable
- Proven ability to manage projects and programmes, establishing the appropriate project governance and framework to successfully deliver these projects, including working to tight deadlines, leading stakeholder liaisons and developing business or value management cases
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in the use of SQL are required, with GIS skills being desirable
- Experience of working with the development or maintenance of intelligent transport systems and/or services is desirable
- Qualifications and Experience of working in an ITIL environment is desirable
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert (Above).
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment