|Job Ref:||204553564||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||rh15||Address:||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum £60,000||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:20|
Main Purpose of Job: |
Reporting to the CTO you are an integral member of the Architecture function providing thought leadership within your technology tower, architecture / design services supporting our customers? requirements, strategy and presales engagements with the sales and operations departments at the company.
Specifically, you and the Team will deliver the company's architecture services, defining and focussed on:
• Delivery of a high quality architecture consultancy service that supports both Sales and Operations in its new business activity. Playing a key part in successful engagements on behalf of the solutions design and presales team.
• Work with the CTO in defining technology services within your technology tower to establish commercial and business offerings within the service catalogue, to include, technology assessment, adoption and implementation standards.
• Support the CTO in establishing/maintaining ?design best practice? i.e. creating appropriate methodologies, frameworks and architecture standards such that the Team adopt universal working practices and deliver a common, consistent approach across the entire company technology and services portfolio.
• Taking active involvement in the overall architecture and solutions design of the company's internal solutions including the controlled hosting environments.
• Supporting the COO and other departments in various activities, be that (for example) vCIO consultancy, development of the technology and services portfolios or vendor relationship management.
• With a focus on high integrity of design, quality and customer service, you will need to work closely with the sales team and operations team to ensure that new customers are on-boarded in a cohesive and streamlined fashion. Managing customer expectations is key to the role.
• The successful creation of fit-for-purpose best practice designs that meet the organisation's desired outcomes and ensure that you exercise full ownership and on-boarding responsibility when a customer is assigned to you.
• Collaborating with others across the company to deliver exemplary standards of design and support balanced against the commercial and practical realities of our business, our customers? business and the specific opportunity ahead of us.
• Working closely with the Pre-Sales, PMO and the Engineers to establish best practice ?end-to-end? across our technology and service delivery.
• Ensuring that your technological competence remains current and fit-for-purpose such that our design and pre-sales support remains up to date, technologically correct and relevant.
• Supporting the COO and our Advisory/Consultancy Teams in delivering strategic services where required.
• To endorse a culture where ?the customer?, service excellence, continuous improvement, ?best-in-class? and adherence to company policy, best practice and procedures (including our ISO & SDI accreditations), is the de facto way in which we conduct our business.
• To adopt and endorse the company's values and vision to be ?game changing?, across all aspects of the role at all times.
• Such additional tasks or projects as may be required by the Board or management team, in support of the Company's commercial objectives from time to time
• To understand your role in the delivery of the company's business continuity objectives Reference DR/BCP (BS25999)
Core Competencies for role:
Customer focus Written/Oral Communication skills
Technical leadership Self-confidence
Thought leadership Mentoring
Self-development (e.g. new technologies) Influencing/negotiation skills
Commercial Awareness Analytical ability
Technology / Experience Focus for role:
Azure /AWS Cloud Services Hybrid Cloud Design & Implementations
NetApp Storage Services VMware
DevOps Microsoft Accredited
Networking Technologies End User / workspace Services
Cyber Security Regulated Environments (ISO, SOX, etc.)
Location ? the primary location will be the company Offices, West Sussex. With frequent requirement to visit client sites in various locations across London and the South of England. Our client and the CTO supports virtual working through technology enablement