|Job Ref:||204553813||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:02|
Senior IT Systems Engineer: We have an excellent position available for a Senior IT Systems Engineer to be based in London with occasional travel to Edinburgh for this superb Hotel Group.|
Our client is one of the UK's leading operators of contemporary 4* city centre hotels. Driven and underpinned by the very best technology, they are continually pushing new frontiers in systems development, whilst presenting a warmer welcome to all guests.
Established in 1996, this Group is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow and Dundee operating with a mission to provide chic and stylish destination properties in key markets across the UK. Customer service is the primary focus for all members of the Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
The position of this Senior IT Systems Engineer presents an exciting opportunity to work in an ever-changing, stretching environment where there is plenty of scope to innovate and work with the latest solutions.
As an ever-growing business, our client is looking to appoint an experienced Senior IT Systems Engineer with a strong technical skillset to play a leading role in ensuring their systems operate with maximum efficiency and reliability on a day-to-day basis. A key function of the role is translating strategic projects into business as usual processes that deliver on the company's high standards in terms of IT security and business continuity.
As Senior IT Systems Engineer duties will include:
* Developing and implementing strategic projects and plans in line with the overall IT strategy
* Management of IT department KPIs and SLAs
* Providing 2nd and 3rd line support to the Helpdesk
* Ensuring ongoing security of all servers and systems as required in a PCI DSS environment
* Pro-active supplier and vendor management, contracts and SLAs
* Ensuring business continuity through the integrity of all data backups via a structured backup plan
* Maintaining reliable update policies to ensure proper patch management
Key Technical Skills
* PCI DSS experience
* Advanced MS Exchange skills
* Microsoft Cloud Services including Azure and Office 365
* Microsoft Active Directory / Windows Server (2008/2012)
* Excellent understanding of network WAN / LAN, firewall / security technologies
* Good understanding of server technologies and storage area networks
* Proven experience of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning
* Practical knowledge of ITIL principles
* Experience of Opera or similar hotel PMS
* Managed Engine Suite experience
* Virtualisation technologies including VMWare and HyperV
* Good understanding of SQL Server (for backup and administration)
* PowerShell scripting
The successful candidate for the role of Senior IT Systems Engineer will ideally have:
* Extensive hands-on experience of IT operations in ideally the hospitality, leisure or retail sectors.
* A common-sense, pragmatic approach, which is essential regardless of experience to date.
* The ability to successfully balance strategic project work and BAU - this is crucial for the role.
* Both strong technical and interpersonal skills, ideal for someone who is looking to develop their management capability.
There is a highly competitive salary on offer for the role of Senior IT Systems Engineer along with a host of benefits including:
* Pension scheme operated by The People's Pension
* Employee assistance programme
* Critical illness cover
* Employee reward scheme
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Use of gym & pool facilities (where available)
* Restaurant & spa discount
* Guest experience overnight stay
* Employee of the Month scheme
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
IT, systems, engineer, SQL, software, VMWare, ITIL, Active Directory