|Job Ref:||204552218||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£450 - £525/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:02|
Digital Technical Architect - up to £525/ day - 6 month contract - Newcastle*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Technical Architect to join the busiest team within the NHS BSA Digitisation programme based in Newcastle. You will provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex, transformational digital services serving millions of users. For this role NHS experience is not necessary but you must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to be able to converse with multiple stakeholders from CEO to NGO level.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Work with product managers to understand user needs for new and existing services.
* Act as the technical authority in prospective, information gathering and scene setting meetings with other government departments, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers, and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
* Work with delivery teams and partners to produce technical requirements and identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems.
* Lead the rapid development of user-driven prototypes and end solutions to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, working with colleagues and supplier team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems.
* Provide assurance to ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are designed, architected and thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
* Work with external suppliers to ensure that their system architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure, with appropriate overall system design and integration points/APIs, to deliver a high quality user experience.
* Preparation of technical architecture options for digital deliveries working within the BSAs chosen Enterprise Architecture Frameworks.
* Advise on, manage and implement agile delivery projects, providing guidance, mentoring and training in agile technical delivery and evolutionary software architecture within the BSA and 3rd parties where appropriate.
* Provide mentorship and/or line management
* Assist with building a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring that key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
* Innovate where possible in line with the BSA's digital strategy keeping up to date with new and emerging technologies and apply when appropriate.
* Advocate for delivery of projects using Agile, open source technologies, collaboration and design principles.
Essential skills and experience:
* Must have worked with high volume systems and experience of large digitisation programmes is very desirable
* Experience and knowledge of developing product roadmaps, backlogs and measurable success criteria, and of writing user stories, i.e. can establish a path to delivery for breaking down stories
* Experience and knowledge of organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts aligned to the GDS principles of delivery of projects.
* Fully conversant in the 18 GDS Digital Service Standards
* Preparation for and participation in GDS Assessments
* Comprehensive and recent experience designing and implementing complex software systems, i.e currently engaged in architecting and building high-volume digital services and deployment into cloud based platforms
* Use and implementation of modern front end web programming techniques and frameworks, such as HTML5, CSS3, REST, JSON, AngularJS, Bootstrap; and Web programming frameworks such as Django, Ruby on Rails, Scala / Play etc
* Experience and knowledge of working with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
* Designing and implementing scalable and robust approaches to caching, security and databases (including relational, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, and "NoSQL", e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
* Transitioning from a waterfall/legacy environments to agile/digital cloud environments